Monday, December 21, 2009

Baking :)

Last night I watched Julie and Julia. Great movie. While watching it I was inspired. Though I would never do what the character in the book did, mainly because although I can cook, pretty well as long as I have the recipe, I still freak out when I have more than two things going at the same time. I did decide I wanted to bake a bunch of cookies, plus pretzels.

My plan was to get up at 10:30, start my laundry and start baking...
Too bad I woke up at 8:30 and our power was out! Expected time to come back on was 11 so I went back to bed. At 11 it still wasn't on. New time was 1. So I stayed in bed since I couldn't bake and it was getting increasingly colder in our apartment and my bed was warm. By 12:30 I couldn't stay in bed anymore, so I decided to play Sims....which ended up dying an hour later :( At 1:30 the time our power was expected to be on was 3... so I called my friend Kaitlyn to let her know she didn't have to bring the two things I had asked her to bring me so I could bake a pumpkin pie.
She offered to come get me since I was cold. She also bought me white castle since I hadn't eaten because we had nothing in the house that didn't need cooking.
Around 5 Kaitlyn's power went out... My friend Ed had power so I hoped I had my power back. So she drove me home. We STILL didn't have power. So my mom and I were going to stay over at her boyfriend's mom's house since they had power. We went out to dinner first, since we couldn't cook. At 6:30 our power was FINALLY back on.

So then I started baking.
First I made my pretzels. Turned out GREAT!


Next I made snowball cookies. They taste good, but they don't look very good :( Next time I'm going to wait longer to cover with powered sugar. The recipe said to wait a minute, but they kept falling apart :(






For tomorrow I'm making pecan pie bars, pumpkin pie, chocolate chips cookies, peanut butter cookies, peanut blossoms (peanut butter cookies with a Hersey kiss in the middle) and snickerdoodles :)

However...now I have a mess to clean up

I should probably get cleaning!

And now for a secret:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment